Apply for this job at: Apply Now! – School Bus Driver Job
Job Title: School Bus Driver
We are in need of dependable, caring people, who like dealing with the public and helping children. Most openings are for full size school buses, but some locations also have smaller school buses & vans. Some also have openings for wheel-chair school purposes vehicles and wheel-chair / smaller vehicle opportunities. Vehicles are all automatic or semi-automatic. You could be driving in the city or in rural highway setting.
NOTE: We are interested in individuals who can see themselves driving a school bus, part time, for the full school year, (10 months) and then two months off for summer.
Must meet the minimum age requirements to hold a school bus driver’s licence in your province (varies by province).
- Professional experience may be helpful but is not required, as completely free, friendly, professional training is provided.
- Must be willing & able to successfully complete training program.
- Must have at least three years of driving experience, with at least one year in North America.
- Must have strong english speaking & reading skills, as you will be required to read maps, and converse on a two way radio
- Must hold a valid driver’s licence for the province you are applying in.
- Must enjoy driving and working with children.
- Must possess a very good driving record.
- Must communicate clearly in English or French (depending on area and school district requirements).
- Must undergo & pass Ministry prescribed Medical examination.
- Must undergo drug testing, criminal record search, vulnerable sector clearance and other background checks with satisfactory results.
- No criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
- Experience working with children & the public, is helpful.
- Must be safety-minded, courteous, and responsive.
- If you enjoy driving & working with children, this could be the perfect, secure, part-time job for you. With this you can also be a part in the student’s education.
Safely drive students to and from school, following a prescribed route, on a daily basis during the school year.
- Perform daily vehicle circle check safety inspections, documenting & reporting according to company, school & government regulations.
- Comply with all company & government regulations, laws & policies.
- Communicate clearly and interact with parents, school employees, passengers, co-workers & the general public in a courteous, professional manner as required.
- School Bus Drivers typically work part time
- Approximately 7:00AM to 9:00AM and 3:00PM to 5:00PM, Monday to Friday on school days only (exact times vary depending on school times and individual routes).
- In most cases there is potential for optional/additional kindergarten or ‘noon’ routes and/or field & charter trips during the school year and the summer. Bus drivers are not required to work on weekends, evenings or school holidays. While additional work may be available, it is not mandatory.
Rate of Pay:
Varies by location, length of route & vehicle type, but is usually favourable when compared to other part-time pay rates.
In some locations (if not prohibited by school district regulations) you can bring your pre-schooler with you on the route.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION PLEASE FOLLOW THE LINK GIVEN BELOW
(If you are not meeting all the above qualifications , we are pleased to train to drive the school bus, safety, circle checking and more .)
Contact Us for more information about school bus driving job
About Us: http://bus-driver-jobs.com is a member of the Saskatchewan BBB